Business Development Executive
Erickson Research is seeking a motivated individual with sales experience who wants to be part of a growing marketing and market research consulting firm. We are looking for someone who has worked in consulting, advertising, or research and is comfortable working independently.
Erickson Research is a boutique marketing and research consultancy located in Chicago. We specialize in helping marketing executives identify and prioritize market and growth opportunities for their companies by delivering actionable insight about the market’s needs, behaviors, and attitudes. Our existing client base covers a variety of industries, but our primary focus is in the Technology and Food & Beverage sectors.
As a Business Development Executive, you will be cultivating relationships and selling consulting services to marketing and market research executives in middle market to Fortune 500 companies. You will earn a share of revenue from each account you bring in, along with ongoing residual compensation from repeat engagements with accounts you bring in.
A self-motivated, service-oriented sales professional will consult with mid-level to senior marketing executives (Directors, VPs, CMO) about their marketing and market intelligence needs. Qualified applicants will be able to handle all aspects of the sales process, including identifying target clients, accessing and developing relationships with marketing executives, showcasing Erickson Research’s capabilities and experience, and closing the sale.
Once an account has been acquired, primary responsibility for servicing the account and ongoing relationship management will shift to other Erickson Research staff. The Business Development Executive would continue to play a supporting role with the account, as needed.
- Identifying prospective clients and working to find leads in target markets
- Generating new leads through cold calling, networking, and referrals
- Consulting and market research sales
- Presenting Erickson Research capabilities, with support from other senior Erickson Research staff
Qualifications & Experience:
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work effectively with little or no supervision
- Outgoing personality and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- At least 3-5 years experience in business development or account management role for a consulting firm, advertising agency, or full-service market research firm
- Chicago area or San Francisco Bay area candidates preferred, but open to working with individuals from any location
- Ability to tap existing professional networks for sales is a big plus
- First 6 months commission only with a variable rate based on value of sales
- Option to convert to base salary plus commission after 6 months, subject to agreement and performance evaluation
- Commission and approved expenses paid monthly
- Residual commission from repeat engagements with accounts acquired by you, for as long as you work with Erickson Research
- There is no cap on total commission payments, compensation limited only by your ability to close business
- If you perform to minimum expectations, annual compensation will be $100k+.
For consideration, please submit your resume and a cover email explaining why you are a good candidate for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without a concise cover email explaining why you would be successful in this position will be discarded. No calls.